The Gay Rivera does not have a traditional club; the sim is a hangout for people to enjoy at any time. This includes the enjoyment of music and dancing on the beach and in the plaza. Other than special festivals and events planned by the management of the Gay Riviera, approved DJs may use the beach venue to hold parties for tips whenever they feel like it. There is no fee for using the Gay Riviera Beach and you keep 100% of your tips. Below is some helpful info for DJing on the beach at the Gay Riviera.
You MUST be an approved DJ to play music on the beach at the Gay Riviera. Please use the form at the bottom of this page or contact Baz Ceawlin in-world to get set up as an approved DJ. You will receive a group invitation to the Gay Riviera in-world group with the assigned role of “Riviera Beach DJ”
This role will allow you to do the following:
- Rez Objects on the Beach. You are welcome to rez a Tip Jar, Dance Ball, Sploder, Prize Orbs (prizes must be from Gay Rivera merchants or cash), and a Group Joiner for your personal DJ group.
- Invite Guests to the Gay Riviera Group
- Send Group Notices to the Gay Rivera Group
- Group Chat
Scheduling Sets on the Beach
You are more than welcome (even encouraged) to play impromptu parties on the beach when it is not being used by another DJ. Even though the beach may not be in use when you are considering an impromptu set, please also check the Google Calendar for the Gay Riviera to be sure that there isn’t a planned set in the near future you would conflict with.
If you would like to schedule a set in advance, please contact Baz Ceawlin via IM at least 24 hours in advance. The advantage of scheduling sets in advance is that they can then be advertised in the following:
- Gay Riviera Google Calendar
- Gay Archipelago Events
- Second Life Events
Here are things you can do to ensure that you continue to be an approved DJ at the Gay Riviera.
- DO Make all guests to your party feel welcome
- DO Invite guests to your DJ Group and the Gay Riviera Group
- DO Promote the merchants and shopping in the Gay Riviera
- DO Promote the Gay Riviera Website
- DO Encourage guests to support the venue, Tip Jars are located near the Adboards
- DO Plan events in advance or check the scheule for exisiting events before starting an impromptu set
- DO IM the names and specifics of any incidents or problem avatars to Baz Ceawlin.
- DO clean up after yourself (take tip jars, dance balls, etc.)
- DO Change the stream back to the DEFAULT, when your set is over.
Here are things you should not do if you want to continue to be an approved DJ at the Gay Riviera.
- DON’T Create drama on the beach or make anyone feel unwelcome
- DON’T Send out more than one notice to the Gay Riviera Group for your party.
- DON’T Send out notices to the Gay Riviera Group for anything other than to promote your own set on the Gay Riviera Beach.
- DON’T Invite guests to any other groups other than your DJ group and the Gay Riviera Group
- DON’T Advertise for or otherwise promote other venues, clubs, malls, sims, parties or merchants other than those on the Gay Riviera without express permission from Baz Ceawlin.
- DON’T Forget to change the stream back to the DEFAULT, when your set is over.
The Gay Riviera is equipped with a networked stream changer. When you change the stream using the changer, you will be setting your stream across all parcels on the entire sim. This means your stream will be playing in the merchants’ shops as well as in the plaza and on the beach. Please keep that in mind when speaking on your stream and don’t say things that might be offensive to people shopping on the sim.
As an approved DJ, you will be added to the access list for the steam changer by Baz Ceawlin and shown how to use it. There are a limited number of buttons available for preprogramed streams so only DJs who play the most frequently will have a preprogramed button. Otherwise, please use the “Say Stream” button and follow the chat instuctions to change your stream maunally.
AFTER YOUR SET, please press the DEFAULT button to change all the sim parcels back to their default streams.
Contact us here, or you may IM Baz Ceawlin directly in-world.